In these conditions, unless the context requires otherwise:
“The Button Books website” means www.woodworkersinstitute.com, www.outdoorphotographymagazine.co.uk, www.blackandwhitephotographymag.co.uk, www.gmcdistribution.com, www.gmcdretail.com, www.stuckathomebooks.co.uk, www.giftstome.co.uk, www.rowanmag.com, www.opouch.co.uk, www.gmcsubscriptions.com, www.breathemagazine.com, www.teenbreathe.co.uk, www.knittingmag.com, www.ammonitepress.com, www.buttonbooks.co.uk, www.buttonbooks.us, www.gmcbooks.com, www.lightningpublications.com, www.guildmcgroup.com, www.makingmagazine.com, www.thegmcgroup.com, www.gmcpubs.com and any other website established by GMC Publications.
“GMC Publications” means the Guild of Master Craftsman Publications Ltd whose registered office is Quadrant House, 4 Thomas More Square, London, E1W 1YW (company registration number 1246837)
2. Application of these conditions of use
By accessing or using any part of the Button Books website you agree to be bound by the following conditions of use. If you do not wish to be bound by these conditions, you may not access or use the Button Books website.
We may change these conditions at any time without any notice to you. By your continued access and use of the Button Books website you agree to be bound by the most current version of the conditions of use. Please check these conditions periodically for any changes that have been made.
3. Copyright and database right
Except where otherwise noted, GMC Publications owns legally and beneficially all the intellectual property rights in the content of all the Button Books website pages (including the design, text, graphics and arrangements thereof) and in the software used therein. Such intellectual property rights include, without limitation, copyrights and database rights in the information displayed as the Button Books website Search results which are extracted from a compilation owned by GMC Publications Ltd.
4. Trademarks and intellectual property
“The Button Books website” and all other trademarks and intellectual property cited anywhere on the Button Books website are the property of their respective owners. ‘Intellectual property’ includes the trademarks, patents, designs, copyrights logos, whether registered or unregistered registered or unregistered designs utility models copyrights including design copyrights applications for any of the foregoing and the right to apply for them in any part of the world discoveries creations inventions or improvements upon or additions to an invention confidential information know-how and any research effort relating to any of the above mentioned business names whether registerable or not moral rights and any similar rights in this country or any other country logos promotional material and website addresses belonging to their respective owners.
5. Permitted uses
Save as provided below, no materials from the Button Books website may be copied, downloaded, reproduced, broadcast, shown or played in public, republished, uploaded, posted, stored, transmitted or distributed in any way or adapted or changed in any way.
GMC Publications takes active measures to ensure that no unauthorised use or breach of its intellectual property rights is committed. Subject to applicable third party content providers’ licences, you are allowed to access the Button Books website database, to make a copy of the results of any searches made in that database, and to use those results PROVIDED that none of such access, copying and use falls into, is preparatory to or enables any of the categories of prohibited conduct referred to below, and provided that none of such access, copying and use is for the purpose of and in the course of any business. For the avoidance of doubt, and without prejudice to the below mentioned prohibited conduct, such access, copying and use is permitted even for a business if such conduct is merely incidental to the business.
For the avoidance of doubt and without limitation, you are expressly prohibited from:
- modifying the data or other material from the Button Books website (“the Data”) or merging the Data with any other data;
- selling or trading in materials copied from the Data;
- using or redistributing the Data for the purposes of compiling databases, lists or directories, other than as and to the extent necessary to use the Data for a use not prohibited by this paragraph 4
- providing commercial information, redistributing or reproduction of the same by the press or media or through any commercial network, cable or satellite system;
- issuing questionnaires, reply cards or similar for the purpose of data capture or verification;
- permitting or allowing the Data to infringe or otherwise prejudice our proprietary rights;
- using the Data;
- For any unlawful purpose or purpose that is likely to bring any part of GMC Publications into disrepute or to cause any part of GMC Publications embarrassment.
- To send any message or communication which is offensive, abusive, indecent, obscene or menacing.
- In any way that would be reasonably expected to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- As source targeting material or contact data for any kind of telemarketing, direct marketing, viral or other electronic marketing activity on your own behalf or on behalf or for the benefit of another party.
6. No licence
Except as expressly provided, nothing contained in these conditions or anywhere on the Button Books website shall be construed as conferring any licence under any of GMC’s or any third party’s intellectual property rights.
7. Disclaimer of representations and warranties
The Button Books website is provided by GMC Publications on an “as is” and “as and when available” basis to users. You use the Button Books website at your own risk. GMC Publications and its associated content provider organisations make considerable efforts to make information made available via the Button Books website as accurate as possible but no warranty or fitness is implied. Neither GMC Publications nor any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, third party content providers, sponsors, licensers, or the like, makes any representation or warranty or condition, either express or implied, to you:
- that the Button Books website will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that the Button Books website or the computer server from which the Button Books website is made available, are free of viruses or other harmful components;
- to the accuracy, content, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of any information, advice, content, service, search results, products or merchandise provided through the Button Books website
GMC Publications makes and you receive, no representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise with respect to:
- The Button Books website, its content, merchandise, services, documents, information, items or materials provided by GMC Publications in connection with the use of the Button Books website; or
- any goods or services or information received through or advertised on the Button Books website or received through links provided on the Button Books website;
including without limitation no representations, warranties or conditions of merchantability, suitability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of proprietary rights or otherwise.
No oral advice or written information given by GMC Publications or its affiliates, or any of its officers, directors, employees, agents, providers, merchants, sponsors, licensers, or the like, will create a representation, a warranty or condition nor should you rely on any such information or advice.
In jurisdictions that do not allow the exclusion or disclaimer of certain warranties, the above exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Advice not provided
The Button Books website is a site intended to give members of the public access to information on the GMC Publications website. GMC Publications is not an agent for and does not vouch for, recommend or guarantee those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in the Button Books website, nor for the availability, suitability or prices of such goods and services nor for the legal entitlement, competences, professional qualifications, trade certifications, or memberships of trade associations of such persons, companies or other organisations or members. GMC Publications advises users to satisfy themselves as to the exact type and nature of goods or services being offered or qualifications held by those persons, companies and other organisations whose goods or services may be displayed or referred to in the Button Books website.
The Button Books website may make available certain information provided by third parties. GMC Publications recommends that before you use any such information with respect to any issues or questions that you may have relating to medicine, law, accounting, financial services or advice or any other profession, you seek advice from a qualified professional.
9. Limitation of liability
Certain financial information (including information about actual or potential investments, stocks, shares and securities) may be published on this website by GMC Publications but please note that by doing so GMC Publications is not guaranteeing or holding out that such information is accurate, authentic, up-to-date or correct. Please also note that GMC Publications does not offer this information as advice within the meaning of the Financial Services Act 2000 and that in any event GMC Publications is not authorised by the Financial Services Authority to give such advice. You should in all circumstances consult your own authorised independent financial adviser for advice concerning such matters and GMC Publications accepts no responsibility whatever for reliance on any such information it provides.
Any information provided on this website, including financial, investment or business information, is provided by way of illustration only and you should not rely on such information for the purposes of developing, investing in or trading in your own business or in any one else’s business. You should always seek the advice of your own qualified accountant, authorised independent financial adviser or business adviser in any event and GMC Publications accepts no responsibility whatever for reliance on any such information it provides. Under no circumstances will GMC Publications or any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, affiliates, agents, sponsors, licensers, or any other party involved in the creation, production, maintenance or distribution of the Button Books website be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages (including but not limited to loss of profits, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, use of data or other intangible losses) that result from either:
- the use and reliance on the Button Books website; or
- the inability to use the Button Books website; or
- mistakes, omissions, interruptions, suspension, termination, deletion of files or e-mail, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation, transmission or service response time, or any failure of performance with respect to the Button Books website including without limitation those arising from acts of God, communications failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to GMC’s records, programs or services; or
- merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on the Button Books website and merchandise, products or services received through or advertised on any links provided on the Button Books website; or
- information or advice received through or advertised on the Button Books website and information or advice received through or advertised on any links provided on the Button Books website; or
- any information, data, text, messages and other materials that you email, post upload, reproduce, transmit or is otherwise distributed using the Button Books website.
GMC Publications is unable to ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Any information or data which you transmit to or by using GMC Publications is done at your own risk and GMC Publications shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or loss of whatever kind that may result from transmitting such information. However this clause does not apply to any personal injury or death which results from the same and GMC Publications does not seek to limit its liability in relation thereto.
If any jurisdiction does not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These conditions and any and all documents specifically referenced herein constitute the entire agreement between you and GMC Publications with respect to the subject matter hereof. If any provision contained in these conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that provision shall be severed from these conditions and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
11. Jurisdiction and governing law
These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. GMC Publications controls the Button Books website from within the country of England. It can, however, be accessed from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from those of England, by accessing the Button Books website you agree that the laws of England, without regard to rules relating to conflict of laws, will apply to all matters relating to your use of the Button Books website. You and GMC Publications also agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, with respect to such matters. Users of the Button Books website accessing it from places outside of England acknowledge that they do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with local laws.
If you have any questions, please contact us via the contact list.